- Stephanie Haywood
Must-Have Tools for Entrepreneurs Starting an Ecommerce Business
If you're considering starting an ecommerce business, now is a good time. The industry is booming in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, creating a landscape that's conducive to success. New to ecommerce entrepreneurship? This guide provides a roundup of useful resources to help you get started on the right foot.
Prioritize Administrative and Logistical Preparation
You can't just put up an ecommerce storefront and start selling products—at least, not if you want to achieve lasting success. Preparation is essential.
● Consult a business professional to develop a strategic vision and plan for your ecommerce store.
● Do your research to determine what type of legal business entity is best for your ecommerce shop.
● Determine what payment methods your platform will accept and set up the relevant payment gateways.
● Decide on a shipping solution for your ecommerce platform to ensure you can easily and safely send goods to customers.
Set Up an Engaging Platform that Speaks to Your Brand
A strong brand and engaging platform will help you stand out from the competition in the crowded ecommerce marketplace.
● Build a memorable brand based on the four V's: vision, values, voice, and visuals.
● Set up your ecommerce platform. You can build your own, opt for a traditional platform, use an open-source model, rely on cloud solutions, or try a SaaS platform.
● Set up social media accounts that reflect your brand and sketch out a strategy to start generating leads.
Invest in Tech Tools to Maintain Efficient Operations
Cutting-edge innovation can help you streamline daily tasks, save time, and cut costs, ensuring smooth operations.
● Research mobile apps that will help simplify your ecommerce store management, saving you time and stress.
● Invest in an ERP solution for wholesale distribution to manage inventory, sales, order fulfillment, accounting, and more in one place.
● Rely on automation tools like chatbots to improve your customer service experience.
● Hire a virtual assistant to take over mundane administrative tasks and free up your team for more important business duties.
With resources like these, you don't need extensive experience to found a thriving ecommerce platform. Trust these tips and tools to help you get started.
Stephanie Haywood is happy to be living her best life. Personal development and self-care gave her a boost when she needed it most, and now she works to share the gift of self-knowledge, self-care, and self-actualization with everyone who visits MyLifeBoost.com.